Where to Buy Disposable Medical Face Mask 2020
Recently, everyone has purchased medical face masks in order to prevent COVID-19. How often do these masks need to be changed, and everyone needs to know, and the medical face masks must be worn properly in order to play a role in resisting bacteria. Take the same. Let’s give you some science.
How often does the medical face mask change?
Medical face masks have a certain service life. As the use time of medical face masks increases, the filtered particles will gradually block the filter, and the breathing resistance will increase. In addition, the mask is thick. If you do not pick it for a long time, the internal “wet climate” may breed bacteria. In addition, the use and storage methods will affect the service life of the anti-smoke mask.
The medical face mask is one of 9 kinds of dust masks certified by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health. “N” refers to particles that are not suitable for oily; “95” refers to a filtration efficiency of 95%. The N99 mask has a filtration efficiency of 99%, and experts recommend wearing the medical face mask once every two days.
Take 3M masks as the column, and medical face masks are generally used for 24-48 hours; R95 masks are used for about 8 hours; P95 masks are much longer than medical face masks, and the working time can reach 40 hours or 30 days.
Under what circumstances does the medical face mask need to be replaced?
When you find any of the following three conditions, immediately replace the medical face mask:
1, medical face masks are contaminated, such as blood stains or droplets;
2, the user feels that the respiratory resistance becomes larger;
3. medical face mask is damaged.
Can medical face masks be worn for a long time?
Medical face mask should not be worn for a long time. Because medical face masks are industrial dust masks, their tightness is good, and it is easy to cause people to have difficulty breathing, hypoxia, and so on. If it is foggy weather, citizens do not need to wear medical face masks. They can choose Medical face masks or KN90 masks that conform to the national standard, or they can wear general medical masks to resist most pollutants.
How to wear the medical face mask:
1. First, loosen the headband every 2-4 cm, and pass your hand through the mask headband, with the metal nose forward.
2. Wear a mask and close to the face. The upper end of the mask is placed behind the head, and then the lower end is pulled over the head, placed behind the neck, and adjusted to a comfortable position.
3. Press the tips of your two fingers along the metal strip of the nose bridge from the middle to the sides and slowly press inward until it is close to the bridge of the nose.
4. Cover the mask with both hands as much as possible and perform positive and negative pressure tests. (Positive pressure test: cover the mask with both hands and exhale vigorously. If the air overflows from the edge of the mask, that is improper wearing, and you must adjust the headband and the metal bridge of the nose bridge; negative pressure test: cover the mask with both hands and exhale vigorously. The center will sink. If air enters from the edge of the mask, it will be worn improperly, and the headband and metal bridge of the nose must be adjusted again.)
Medical face mask Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long will the mask be used?
It depends on personal use and environment, but when you find it difficult to breathe or feel unwell, you need to remove it immediately.
2. When do I need to change my mask?
When one of the following conditions is found, replace it immediately:
A. The mask is contaminated, such as blood stains or droplets;
B. The user feels that the respiratory resistance becomes larger;
C. Masks are damaged.
3. Who is not suitable for wearing a mask?
A. Stringent respiratory diseases such as asthma emphysema;
C. If you feel unwell after wearing, such as difficulty breathing and dizziness.
Features of various masks:
1. medical face mask: in accordance with the National Occupational Safety and Health Association standard (NIOSH) N95 approval, the filter particles can be as small as 0.3 microns in diameter. In the test, the success rate of blocking particles with a diameter of 0.075 microns was 95%. Coronavirus pneumonitis (atypical pneumonia) virus is about 0.1 to 0.12 microns in diameter.
2. Dust masks: mainly dustproof and antibacterial function.
3. Activated carbon medical masks: The most important role of activated carbon materials is to block odor, not antibacterial virus, and increase respiratory resistance, 98% of bacterial isolation function.
4. Surgical mask: It is made of three layers of “non-woven,” suitable for operating room environment; it can block particles with a diameter of about 4 microns or more.
5. Ordinary paper masks: useful for blocking larger particles. Viruses less than 5 microns in diameter can pass easily and have limited bacteria isolation. Not all masks are “capable.”
How to choose the right mask
Liang Jiansheng, director of the Disinfection and Vector Organism Control Center of Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that the current common masks on the market can be divided into three categories: serious mask, medical protective masks (medical face masks) and ordinary cotton gauze masks, of which Medical-surgical masks can block 70% of bacteria, medical face masks can block 95% of bacteria, and cotton gauze masks can only block 36% of bacteria, so the first two masks are recommended. If you go to public places and do not come in contact with patients, wearing medical surgical masks is enough to avoid excessive protection, but if you are in contact with patients, wear biological-proof medical face masks.
1. Medical protective mask (N95)
“Medical protective mask” has a good fit with the wearer’s face, can filter particles in the air, block pollutants such as droplets, blood, body fluids, secretions, etc., and can filter non-oily particles more than 95% (The meaning of this sentence is to reach N95 level), which is a personal protective equipment commonly used to deal with airborne diseases. Common medical protective masks are arched, butterfly-shaped, etc., as shown in Figure 1.
“Medical-surgical masks” are commonly used medical masks in the operating room and other environments where there is a risk of bodily fluids and blood splashes. They can block blood and bodily fluids from passing through the masks and pollute the wearer. At the same time, the filtration efficiency of bacteria is more than 70%, but the filtration efficiency of particles Limited, and mostly rectangular design, the degree of closeness to the face is not as tight as medical protective masks. Common medical surgical masks are strap type, ear hook type, etc., as shown in Figure 2.
During the epidemic of new coronavirus pneumonia, for effective protection, the general population needs to wear a mask when going out. In some special positions, such as medical staff, epidemic prevention workers, workers in the workshop, etc., they need to wear masks for a long time. The skin is under pressure for a long time. A series of problems may occur in the state of airtightness, what should I do? Dermatologists advise you:
1. Is there a difference in the effect of different types of masks on the skin?
The impact of different masks on the skin is different, according to the types of masks: disposable medical masks, medical-surgical masks, particulate protective masks (such as medical face masks), medical protective masks, protective masks, etc., these masks, in turn, enhance the tightness As the pressure on the skin increases and the level of protection increases, the effect of protecting the new coronavirus will be better. The effect on the skin is in the opposite direction. The higher the protection level, the worse the air permeability, and the greater the impact on the skin. In addition, it is related to the continuous wearing of the mask. The longer the time, the greater the impact on the skin. Therefore, when choosing a mask, we must choose the correct level of protective masks according to the risk of virus exposure. For example, the general population is only going out, and you can wear disposable medical masks, there is no need to wear medical face masks; in a well-ventilated open area And home, there is no need to wear a mask.
2. What kind of skin problems can a long-time mask cause?
Wearing a mask for a long time may cause peeling, deep indentations, erythema, ulceration, allergies, infections, and other conditions on the skin. What should I do?
1. Indentation and dry skin: Due to the long-time wearing of a mask, the pressure is too large, and deep marks appear on the pressured part, which cannot be subsided for a long time. In addition, the skin has been in a closed environment for a long time, and the number of cleanings has increased, and the skin appears. Dry, rough, and desquamation. First of all, we repeatedly wash with soap and water, wash our hands, and then wash the face with mild soap or facial cleanser. The water temperature should not be too high. After washing, wipe with a soft towel in time, and apply moisturizer or vitamin E. Cream, etc., can be applied externally several times a day to enhance moisturization. If necessary, a mask can be applied. It usually subsides within 1-2 hours, depending on the depth of the indentation, and the skin condition will gradually improve. It is recommended not to use powdery, cream, or whitening skincare products for the time being.
2. Skin infections: Due to skin pressure and friction caused by wearing a mask for a long time, a few people have skin erythema, ulceration, and a small amount of bleeding on the bridge of the nose, cheeks, and behind the ears, which is what everyone calls “skin pressure ulcers.” A skin infection may occur if it is not treated in time. In this case, you can gently wipe and disinfect with alcohol and then apply chlortetracycline eye ointment, fusidic acid cream, etc., twice a day to prevent and treat skin infections.
3. Skin allergies: Some people have sensitive skin and often have allergies. After wearing a mask, due to the effects of confined heat, or allergies to the components of the mask, skin erythema, swelling, severe blisters, ulceration, etc., accompanied by Itching to varying degrees.
People who are allergic to the components of the mask can wear two layers of gauze on the inner layer of the mask before wearing to avoid allergies caused by direct contact.
The skin appears simple erythema and does not ulcerate. You can use a small towel to apply cold water to the affected area for 20 minutes each time, 3-4 times a day. The swelling is obvious. You can apply calamine lotion, 3-4 times a day.
Blisters and mild ulcers appear on the skin. Cold saline solution (for infusion) can be used for cold and wet compresses. The method is the same as the above. After the skin converges, use a weak hormone ointment such as Desnaide cream and apply it to the affected area twice a day. It was discontinued after the rash subsided.
In short, during epidemic situations where masks are often worn, we must choose correct masks, clean the skin in time after removing the masks, and usually take good care of them. If problems arise, learn to treat them symptomatically.